Here are a few year-end reminders for you to consider over these next few weeks:
- Review your workshop assignments and let us know by December 31 if you’d like to switch (see update issue 7).
- Reserve your hotel room by mid-January.
- Please pay your conference fee ASAP (unless this has been waived). These fees are important to help ensure an adequate budget for this event. Go to org/register to get started.
- Review the first set of tutorial materials (see update issue 6). The next set of tutorials will be sent out in early January.
- Optional: Submit a poster proposal (see update issue 3)
- Optional: Submit a profile (see update issue 3)
All emails regarding posters, workshops, etc., can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a new note, please consider adding the Open Scholarship Initiative to your year-end giving list. Expanding OSI’s financial base of support is key to ensuring this effort’s long-term sustainability and impact. Donations of any amount are welcome from both individuals and institutions.
The year-end aspect of this request is a less important than the call to action—for you to consider the importance of this issue and this initiative, consider the potential impact of a fully-funded long-term effort (which can offer travel scholarships, build a support infrastructure, and even fund research and pilot programs in this area), and then add OSI to the portfolio of causes you and your institution care about and support, whether this happens this week, next year, or the year after. Please feel free to forward this email to others in your network who may be interested, including the officials at your institutions who are responsible for processing contributions. By clicking on the button below, you can make a tax-deductible contribution to the National Science Communication Institute, which is overseeing the OSI effort, and will direct 100% of your gift to OSI.
Thank you for your time and attention to these details, and for your commitment to this nascent Open Scholarship Initiative process, and happy holiday wishes to everyone from all of us on the OSI2016 conference organizing committee. May 2016 bring new friendships, new ideas, and new opportunities and directions as this motivated and singularly qualified global delegate community works together toward our common goal of improving the future of scholarly publishing and communication.
National Science Communication Institute
Open Scholarship Initiative