- Remember to reserve your hotel room by next week! The official cutoff date is March 29th, after which time any remaining space in the hotel will be released to the public.
- If you haven’t already done so (and haven’t received a waiver), please pay your conference registration fee right away. Thank you for your help with this.
- If you need help controlling your listserv email, please let me know. Your options are to get a daily digest of messages, or to turn off email completely and then just log in to see what’s happening (making sure not to miss updates like when to catch your bus — see below). On a related note, please remember that you aren’t obligated to participate in listserv exchanges. This is all extra credit (and thank you to those who have found time to pitch in). The most important item on your to-do list is to simply show up and work with your colleagues. Everything else is gravy.
- Tutorial 4 will be coming your way soon — hopefully by this Friday.
- If you haven’t purchased your plane ticket yet, this information may be helpful. Based on the results of our delegate survey, shuttles will be picking up passengers from Dulles at 3:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday April 19th, and from Reagan at 3:15 and 5:45. On Friday April 22nd, buses will depart from the Hyatt for both airports at 12:15 and 2:15 p.m. A complete schedule for this event (including pick-up locations, pick-up times at the Vienna Metro stop, and George Mason University meeting room locations and times) will be sent around prior to the event—please stay tuned.
- The OSI2016 planning committee is working on a finalizing the communications outputs for this conference — what kinds of items will be published, by whom, for whom, when, and more. Included in these details will be instructions on how you can use (and add to) the Zotero database that Dee Magnoni was constructed of all tutorial materials, how you can comment on papers using PressForward (you’ll get a login to the OSI website), where you can find the archives on the Geoge Mason University Publishing website, and more.
- A few new delegates have come on board recently. I’ll be emailing workgroups about these changes within the next few days.
Thank you all and best regards,
OSI Program Director